Saturday, December 29, 2007

Nuts and Bolts

The neighborhood behind my atelier is beautiful. This building has been derelict for years and if i had the funds I would restore it and move in immediately.
A short walk across the small gracht and you are in the center with interesting streets. This is one thing that attracted me to holland, I suppose.
Enjoy!
While shopping for vitamins I nipped into this arts and crafts store for a drawing pad. In the window was a small village and all the villagers were made of felt. creepy
This fine block of metal sculpture is held together by nuts and bolts, or is it? It may be a bit difficult to see with the reflections on the window and the whole time space continuum thing.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Have you had to move all the stuff out of the atelier out yet? Maybe you should get a mattress and start squatting that house. Empty houses and apartments in Holland just shouldn't be allowed.

Sneezer said...

I can stay until July!! That's when they will start to destroy and rebuild.

I agree, they have a program here that places people in houses and apartments and you pay low rent but the building will be changed or torn down in a few years. I actually know someone who lives on the entire floor of an office building in sloterdijk because it has been empty so long. They should stop building offices and just concentrate on homes now.