Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spot the cool tree shadow

It was one of the top ten best spring days this year, possibly the last 10 years. The sun was warm, a slight cool breeze in the air, and NO humidity. Heaven. Just like the lemon taarts at vlaamsch brood huys.

This is my acquaintance and client Pam (dressed in black and white). She is working at our newly opened L'Occitane. I'm glad she is working there, it's nice to see a friendly face when shopping. I bought the Amendel shower oil. It does wonders for the skin.

They also have a new Riz or Rice face regimen. It is made with wonderful organic red rice in the Camargue. I am trying it out, my skin changes in the warmer temperatures. I will keep you posted.

Pluk is the new juice bar in town, don't forget a broodje. I love the idea of a juice bar finally hitting the mean streets of Haarlem, but I havent been able to cross the pepto-bismal pink just yet, im sure it will neutralize, the eyes just have to adjust. the price one must pay for pressed and/or blended fruit.

Among a slew of new winkels recently opened is Cook & co. The store is two floors of magnificent neat & clean with plenty of space to move and turn. It is stocked with everything a kitchen could possibly need and something for every price range. I definately liked it and someday I hope to purchase a few things.

I guess I havent been to enough cocktail parties lately because I didnt know about the prefab appetizer spoons. Depending on the taste this may be one of the cooler things i have seen, put a bit of fur around it and it's art!

And last but most definately not least, an explosion of color. Not that there's anything wrong with it...

3 comments:

Nicole said...

What nice things! That reminds me that I have to go to L'Occitane soon. We're almost out of almond cream.

I often wonder what people are thinking when decorating their shops or business. Some colours just aren't appetising. Pepto pink doesn't make me want to rush over and get juice. It reminds me of watered down beetroot.

Cook&Co looks great! Those little spoons were at first the Asian spoon and tasty morsels of dim sum with soy and a sprig of green were served in them, over time it seems to have evolved into different shapes and different bites. I like the idea. I wonder if they make a Dutch version out of Melba Toast so you can wrap it in some greasy salmon and serve it with an egg boat. (Don't ask, the sail was made out of a cheese triangle.)

Vincent said...

I love the tree shadow.
I'm happy the weather was nice.
I'm glad you posted a new blog entry.

:-)

Sneezer said...

i know you can make plates and utensils out of potatoes, i suppose its the same concept but how does it taste?

im not a big melba fan, it cuts the roof of my mouth!